Terms for User Contributions
This contains the terms applicable to users who contribute content and metadata to the historicalpageants.ac.uk website.
The Historical Pageants Terms for User Contributions establish that all content that is contributed to the Historical Pageants website by its users will be made available on historicalpageants.ac.uk under the terms of a Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike license. This means that when a user posts content on the historicalpageants.ac.uk website, he or she irrevocably grants third parties the right to use that content freely, as long as they attribute the work to the author and share alterations of that content under the same conditions.
If you do not agree with these policies please do not contribute content and/or metadata to Historical Pageants.
You guarantee that:
- the digital material that you submit is not copyright protected; or
- you own the rights to this digital material; or
- the owner of these rights has authorised you to submit the digital material under the following conditions.
- For the content you contribute (such as a photo, a diary, a picture, or audio or video material), you are allowing everybody to use this content in almost any way they wish. However, they must attribute the content to the rights owner. If they make alterations to the content, they have to allow others to use the altered content under the same conditions.
- For the descriptive data you submit (such as descriptions or tags) so that your content can be found by search engines, you are allowing everybody to use these descriptive data in almost any way they like, without further conditions.
If you do not want to accept these terms, then please do not contribute content or descriptive data to Historical Pageants.
By creating an account on historicalpageants.ac.uk, the user indicates acceptance of these terms.
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website for which you have not given permission, we will of course remove it. Please contact us by email on email@example.com stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the material
- The exact URL where you found the material (you can copy and paste this from your browser address bar)
- Proof that you are the rights holder or an authorised representative of the rights holder
We will publicly display your name alongside your contributions once they have been approved. Other users will be able to search for all contributions uploaded by the same user.
We will only use any other contact details you provide, including your email address to contact you about your contributions to this collection.
We will never share your contact details with any other organisations.